Đề thi HK2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 sở GD Đồng Nai năm 2016
Read the extract carefully and complete each blank with an appropriate word. (0.2 x 5 = 1.0 point)
Few people now question the reality of global warming and its effects on the world’s climate. Many scientists blame the increase in the world’s temperature for recent natural disasters and are convinced that, more than ever before, the Earth is at (16) ___ from the forces of the wind, rain and sun. According to scientists, global warming is making extreme weather events, (17) ___ hurricanes and droughts, even more severe and causing sea levels all around the world to rise.
Environmental groups are putting (18) ___ on governments to take action to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide which is given off by factories and power plants, thus attacking the problem at its source. Environmentalists are in favor of more money being (19) ___ on research into solar, wind and wave energy devices.
Some scientists, (20) ___, believe that even if we stopped releasing carbon dioxide and other gases into the atmosphere tomorrow, we would have to wait several hundred years to notice the results.
16. A. threat B. danger C. harm D. risk
17. A. as well B. such as C. as for D. without
18. A. pressure B. force C. persuasion D. encouragement
19. A. tried B. used C. wasted D. spent
20. A. fortunately B. however C. but D. as usual
Take the best option to complete each of the following sentences. (0.2 x 5 = 1.0 point)
21. You can never forecast the weather nowadays. It looks nice now, but it _______ rain the next moment.
A. can’t B. should C. must D. may
22. The _______ you learn to enjoy life, the _______ stress you will have.
A. many / fewer B. more / less C. much/ little D. least / most
23. As a rule, bathroom towels _______ for hotel guests. You don’t have to pay more for that.
A. supply B. are supplied C. be supplied D. supplies
24. DOCTOR: You _______ take more than two of these pills at a time. Three might be fatal or deadly!
A. must B. might C. needn’t D. mustn’t
25. The sea level will _______ as an inevitable consequence of global warming.
A. raise B. rises C. rise D. be risen
* Link DOWNLOAD file PDF: