Đề thi học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh 12 sở GD và ĐT tỉnh Đồng Nai năm học 2013 - 2014
QUESTIONS 5-18: Choose the option that best completes each of the following sentences or that best substitutes or explains the underlined part in each sentence.
5. Scientists are trying to find _______ for such fatal diseases as AIDS or cancer.
A. actions B. cures C. measures D. effects
A. domestic B. home C. inside D. family
7. If you _______ a book, you have a brief look at it without reading or studying it seriously.
A. swallow B. dip into C. digest D. chew
8. The WWF was set up in 1961 to protect endangered wild animals and their habitats.
A. met B. brought C. established D. found
9. To _______ means to run or swim a short distance very fast.
A. eject B. surf C. sprint D. jog
10. ASEAN was founded _______ August 8th, 1967.
A. in B. at C. on D. since
11. Nowadays, graduates have to fight for jobs in a highly _______ market.
A. competition B. compete C. competitor D. competitive
12. We _______ touch since we _______ secondary school three years ago.
A. have lost/ left B. lost/ left C. lost/ have left D. have lost/ have left
13. There are _______ few seats left for _______ to night's musical at _______ university.
A. a/ Ø / the B. Ø / the/ Ø C. a/ the/ Ø D. Ø / the/ a
l4. Red pens _______ to do papers during exams. It is not allowed.
A. needn’t be used B. may not be used C. might not be used D. mustn’t be used
15. Jim got _______ when Ann kept on talking about buying the new dress.
A. more angry and angrier B. angrier and angrier
C. angrier and more angry D. the angrier and the angrier
16. There are many advantages to be young, but _______ you are, _______ you understand.
A. the older/ more B. the older/ the more
C. older/ the more D. the older/ and more
17. It’s dark in here. Can I _______ on the light?
A. keep B. go C. turn D. take
18. Who _______ her father when she is away on business?A. takes after B. looks after C. gets over D. looks up
* Link DOWNLOAD file word: