Special Passive & exercises with keys for advanced learners only.
PART A: STRUCTURES
- Somebody + want/ like/expect + someone to do something
- Somebody + want /like/expect + something + to be done
- Our teacher wants us to prepare our lessons carefully.
- Our teacher wants our lessons to be prepared carefully.
- They expected me to finish my work early.
- They expected my work to be finished early.
- Somebody + agree/arrange/determine/decide + to do something
- Somebody + agree/arrange/determine/decide + that something + should be + done
- She decided to rebuild the house.
- She decided that the house should be rebuilt.
- Something + need(s) + doing (also: want + V-ing/ require + V-ing)
- Something + need(s) + to be done (also: want+ to be done/require+to be done)
- The house needs cleaning. (passive meaning)
- These flowers require watering.
- The house needs to be cleaned.
- These flowers require to be watered.
- You don’t need to prepare the lesson (active) - The chickens need feeding
- The lesson doesn’t need to be prepared. - The chickens need to be fed.
- The lesson doesn’t need preparing.
* Các bạn download ở file Đính kèm nha ! Đã check và fix 1 số lỗi Spelling.