Phần này sẽ giúp người học Tiếng Anh kiểm soát các Quy luật dùng thì trong các mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ thời gian. Cũng đơn giản thôi phải không các bạn! Tài liệu gồm lí thuyết & bài tập ứng dụng có đáp án !!!
SEQUENCE OF TENSES IN ADVERBIAL CLAUSES OF TIME
Söï phoái hôïp thì cuûa caùc ñoäng töø trong meänh ñeà chính vaø meänh ñeà traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian nhö sau:
ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME
- Meänh ñeà traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian thöôøng ñược baét ñaàu vôùi caùc tö ønoái sau: when, whenever/ every (time), while, as, before, after, as soon as, once, just as, till, until, since, as long as/ so long as, by (the time), no sooner…than… , hardly/barely/ scarely...when…, …
Notes: khoâng ñöôïc duøng thì töông lai (future tenses) trong caùc meänh deà traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian (coù theå thay baèng thì hieän taïi).
Example: I’ll ask her when she arrivestomorrow. (NOT: when she will arrive tomorrow)
* Moät soá tröôøng hôïp cuï theå:
ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME
Eg1: We always take our umbrellas with us
Eg2: I usually read a newspaper
Ex3: He never goes home
1. Simple present: thường chỉ hành động xảy ra thường xuyên, theo thói quen.
when it rains.
2. Present continuous: chæ haønh ñoäng coù tính chaát lieân tuïc, đang diễn ra.
while I am waiting for the bus.
3. Present perfect (nhấn mạnh trước sau ở hiện tại)
before he has finished his work.
Eg4: I sat near the window
Eg5: I met him
Eg6: I met him
Eg7: He left
1. Simple past: chæ haønh ñoäng theo thoùi quen trong quaù khö.ù
whenever I took a bus.
2. Past continuous: chỉ hành động đang xảy ra, thì hành động ở mệnh đề chính xảy ra (xen vào).
while I was walking down the street
3. Past perfect: haønh ñoäng xaûy ra tröôùc haønh ñoäng ôû meänh ñeà chính. (nhấn mạnh trước sau trong quá khứ).
after/ as soon as he had finished work.
4. Simple past (liên tiếp nhau trong quá khứ)
when I got there.
Eg8: It was raining hard
(Chú ý: một số Đồng từ thường không sd thể tiếp diễn)
Eg9: I was watching T.V
1. Simple past (xen vào khi có hành động đang xảy ra trong quá khứ)
when I got there.
2. Past continuous: hành ñoäng xaûy ra song song vôùi haønh ñoäng ôû meänh ñeà chính
while my father was reading.
Eg10: The train had already left
Simple past: haønh ñoäng xay ra sau haønh ñoäng ôû meänh ñeà chính.
when/ before I arrived at the station.
Eg11: She has played the piano
Eg12: I have felt much better
1. Simple past: hanh ñoäng ñaõ baét ñaàu ôû quaù khöù.
since she was a child.
2. Present perfect: haønh ñoäng vaãn coøn toàn taïi ôû hieän taïi
since I have been here. ( I’m still here now)
Eg13: I’m going to wait
Eg14: We will go
Eg15: We will go
1. Present pefect: nhaán maïnh söï hoaøn taát cuûa haønh ñoäng
until you have finished your work.
as soon as you have finished your work.
2. Simple present: sự thật, có thể xảy ra.
when you finish your work.
Eg16: We’ll have already finished the work
Simple present: mang yù nghóa töông lai
when you get back.
* Mặc dù có biến thể (ngoại lệ) nhưng về cơ bản sự hòa hợp thì trong mệnh đề trang ngữ sẽ như trên.
I. Choose the appropriate verb tense (the common one) to use with the following time clauses.
1. While I _______________ hard tomorrow, I will think of you, you lazy dog.
a. will work b. am working c. work d. will be working
2. ___________ I saw Kristina for the first time, I thought she had a mustache.
a. if b. when c. while d. after
3. As soon as I get home, I ____________ you.
a. will call b. call c. am going call d. calling
4. Yesterday, after I _______________ dinner, my sister came over.
a. will finish b. finish c. had finished d. finishing
5. The movie ___________ by the time I got to the theater.
a. started b. had started c. starts d. was start
6. I ________________ you since I ______________ you.
a. have hated / met b. hate / me c. have hated / have met d. will hate / meet
7. Yesterday, while I ________________ dinner, my mother _______________.
a. ate / called b. was eat / called
c. was eating / was calling d. was eating / called.
8. Tomorrow, while I _______________ dinner, I _______________ the newspaper.
a. eat / read b. am eating / will read
c. eating / will read d. will be reading / will read.
9. By the time I got to the game, it ________________.
a. had started b. has started c. will have started d. started
10. I _______________ you when I arrive in Korea.
a. would call b. will call c. called d. call
11. Yesterday at 8:00 p.m, ________________.
a. she will study b. she studies c. she was studying d. she had studied
12. Tomorrow after I _____________ class, I will go to that new restaurant.
a. finishes b. will finish c. have finished d. finish
13. Every time I _____________ his face, I get sick to my stomach.
a. will see b. saw c. see d. have seen
14. Two days ago, their car broke down while they _____________ to Philadelphia.
a. drove b. was driving c. were driving d. drive
15. Tomorrow, while I ______________, I will think of you watching TV on the couch.
a. will be working b. am working c. works d. worked
16. I will call you _____________ I get back from the party.
a. because b. as soon as c. while d. as
17. She has not even looked at another man ____________ she married Tom two weeks ago.
a. since b. when c. before d. while
18. I will love you ______________ I die.
a. as soon as b. after c. until d. when
19. The fire alarm rang __________ Ned was working in his office yesterday.
a. while b. as soon as c. until d. before
20. By the time Oscar got to the airport, the plane _____________.
a. had already left b. left c. will leave d. leaving